Caramel and Apple Hot Toddy with Cinnamon
Like we’ve all experienced recently, cold weather hits no matter where you are. So Harry is ready with this yummy hot libation for those truly harsh winter cocktail hours.
For each drink you will need:
- 2/3 cup caster sugar (I had to look that up. It’s super-fine sugar available at your grocery store.)
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 4 cinnamon quills
- 2/3 cup apple pie liquor (Brand names such as Moreau and Calvados)
- Whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon to dust
- Place sugar in pot with 1 tablespoon of water and cook over high heat to caramelize — swirling pot frequently for 5 minutes or so until sugar is golden brown.
- Use a metal spoon and stir in 2 cups of water.
- Once combined stir in apple juice, cinnamon quills, and lastly the liquor.
- Divide among glasses and spoon in whipped cream. Dust with cinnamon.
Thanks to Delicious.com